IMPORTANT: We know it can be frustrating for you when you activate the theme on your domain, and it looks nothing like the ClipMyDeals Demo website. But you need to understand that the demo websites are created to show the full potential of our theme. They have a lot of content and images to give it an appealing look, which are not packaged with the theme. Also, WordPress can only import "content". It can neither import/export the "settings" that we have done, nor the "plugins" that we have used on demo websites.
Demo ContentTo upload the demo content, please follow the below steps:
- Download XML file with Demo Content from here.
- Log in to your WordPress as an administrator.
- In the WordPress admin panel, go to Tools > Import
- Install the "WordPress" importer from the list.
- Activate & Run Importer.
- Upload the XML file using the form provided on this page.
- You will first be asked to map the authors in this file to users on the site. You may choose to map to an existing user on the site or to create a new user.
- Make sure you select the option to download media files as well.
- WordPress will then import each of the coupons, posts, pages, comments, categories, etc. contained in this file into your site.
PluginsWe also have to use many 3rd party plugins to demonstrate features like Contact Forms, Social Sharing, etc. The below plugins have been used on Demo websites:
- Facebook Likebox - https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-facebook-likebox/
- Share Buttons - https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/
- Contact Form - https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpforms-lite/
- Customized Backend & Login - https://wordpress.org/plugins/aquila-admin-theme/
SettingsWe use the WordPress Customizer to allow you to configure various frontend options. These cannot be imported/exported using Wordpress Importer Tool. To setup the looks of your website as per your preference, we suggest you follow these simple steps.
DisclaimerWe also get a lot of tickets saying that they are not able to make their websites look as good as the demo. Please note, that there are lot of small factors that contribute towards making a website look good. Like the high-quality images, uniform size of logos across the website, proper length of content as per available space, and a combination of many such things. You will have to be creative enough with these yourself, in order to make your website look good. The support team cannot help with such tickets.
Last Updated 2 years ago