Frequently Asked Questions
How to setup browser extension
Below is the step-by-step guide of how to go about your browser extension on chrome webstore:
- Login to your ClipMyDeals account.
- Click on build extension.
- Enter a title for your extension.
- Enter a description.
- Enter your homepage URL (main domain URL such as: https://example.com)
- In advance options, Onboarding URL allows your users to be redirected to a specific landing page upon installation of the browser extension
- If you have installed ClipMyDeals theme on multiple sub-folders like https://example.com/uk, https://example.com/usa, https://example.com/india, https://example.com/saudi; then use 'Add Subfolder' option. Enter your 'site name' & and URL path which follows the main domain, next to it such as /usa, /uk, /india & /saudi. Based on the details you enter here, your end-user will have an option to select the exact 'Site Name' at the time of installation for which his/her browser extension will work. Note that adding 'sub-folders' is optional and for most customers adding 'homepage URL' will suffice as they would not be installing ClipMyDeals theme in multiple sub-folders.
- Upload an icon for your extension
- Click on create zip file. You will receive an acknowledgement email immediately. Once your zip file is ready, you will receive a separate email.
- Download your zip file.
- Upload it to the chrome webstore in order to create a download link that you can share with your users as documented on https://developer.chrome.com/docs/webstore/publish/.
Last Updated 3 years ago