Auto-Importing Transactions using Post-Back URL / Pixels
Default ProcessAlmost every affiliate program worldwide supports Post-Back URL / Pixels to pull all related information to each transaction on real time basis. ClipMyDeals Cash-Back plugin not only supports this system but also has a separate panel for admins to create URLs & Pixels (see below image).
To use a Post-Back URL / Pixel, below is the process:
- Go to Cashback > Postback in your WordPress admin area.
- Select the store from drop down for which you want to auto import transactions.
- Select whether you wish to Auto-Approve pulled transactions. If you select 'Yes', then transactions status will be 'Approved' immediately once it gets pulled in system. If you select 'No', then the transactions will carry status 'Pending' until they are manually 'Approved' by the admin.
- Add Sub ID Variable. This should be the same Sub-ID where you passed [user] short-code in affiliate links.
- Add Transaction ID Variable. This should ideally be transaction ID from the store, or a unique record identifier in your affiliate panel.
- Add Transaction Amount Variable. This is the total sale amount and not the commission amount.
- Add Transaction Date Variable which gives the Transaction Date in a valid date format or in UNIX Timestamp. If you leave this blank, system will auto apply current date - so you will see transactions with dates when they were auto pulled in cashback plugin.
- Simply copy & paste the Post Back URL / Pixel into your affiliate program panel or in the specified store panel on affiliate network.
ExceptionDefault process suits better when there is option to add campaign level postback URLs & Pixels especially when the store itself has a affiliate panel. However, some affiliate networks only have a universal postback option i.e. they allow only one pixel / url for all campaigns. In this case, you will have to go for a bypass approach as below:
- Select the store 'Global Pixel' from the list.
- Create a postback URL / Pixel for 'Global Pixel' store (selected in point 1) as given in 'Default Process'.
Last Updated 2 years ago
- Cashback Plugin